The final workshop of the WINNOVATE project was held in Riga, Latvia on 24th-25th of September 2015. The event took place at Kalnciema Quarter. Kalnciema Quarter is part of unique European wooden architecture heritage.
The final workshop was a cross-sectoral workshop dedicated to all of the themes that had been discussed in the previous two events- CLEANTECH, ENERGY, TRANSPORT and SMART CITIES. There were 27 participants from Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
During the two days the following ideas were discussed in Riga:
1. FeTi production technology;
2. Maritime museum development;
3. Impact and efficiency leap in public procurement through the digitalization of market dialogue;
4. Coastal Area Monitoring for integrated development (tourism footprint, cargo traffic, environment);
5. Railroad maintenance;
6. Waste to energy;
7. New foundation technology;
8. Sustainable manufacturing along with auditing procedures to promote up-cycling, Long-term objectives are significantly lowering the ecological footprint of Global textile industry as well as increasing the competitiveness of the European textile industry;
9. 2 SME ideas.
We thank everybody for the participation and for successful generation of project concept ideas during all of the three workshops.